Augustin Ramirez has estabilished himself as one of the most popular singers in Tejano music. “El Guti” as everyone knows him by, was born in Lockhart, Texas, a small town 30 miles south of Austin.
Augustin’s musical career began at an early age performing with groups like Cisco Rangel y Los Jesters, Los Dominoes, Fred Salas, Los Latinos and Roy Montelongo, before starting his own band. Since his first recording “Ojitos Traviesos”, Augustin’s popularity and unique style of singing has earned him a large following.
Augustin has been in the music business for over fifty years, has recorded over 60 albums and has also been recognized for his contribution to Tejano music on several occasions. In 1997, he was inducted into the Tejano Music Hall of Fame. In 2000, he won his first grammy award for Best Tejano Album with his participation in the “The Legends”, a collaborative effort with Tejano music legends Sunny Ozuna, Freddy Martinez & Carlos Guzman.
Augustin is currently performing throughout the state of Texas and surrounding states with both The Legends, as well as his own group.
Setup Requirements :
- Venue to provide sound system with a minimum of 20 input channels as described below :
- 2 channels & 2 mics for Lead & Backing Vocals
- 3-5 channels & mics for a 3-5 piece horn section
- 2 channels & 2 mics or DI boxes for Lead/Rhythm Guitar Amps
- 1 channel for Bass Amp w/ XLR direct output
- 1-3 channels (3 channels is preferred) & DI boxes for keyboards
- minimum of 5 channels (7 is preferred) for a 5 piece drumkit with or without 2 overhead mics
View Stage Plot